TNO is an independent research organization in The Netherlands that employs some 3400 professionals. We believe in the joint creation of economic and social value.
We focus on transitions or changes in nine social themes:
- Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime : 'Robust constructions, sustainable use'
- The Circular Economy and the Environment: 'Directing and accelerating sustainability'
- Defence, Safety and Security: ‘We’re putting our knowledge and technology to work for safety and security’
- Energy: ‘Faster towards a sustainable energy supply'
- Healthy living: ‘Focussing on participation, not on the disease’
- Industry: ‘Innovating for employment, welfare and well-being’
- Information & Communication Technology: 'Interpreting and accelerating digital transformation'
- Strategic Analysis & Policy: 'Turning complex issues into concrete innovations'
- Traffic and Transport: 'Helping to create liveable, sustainable cities'
TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations that boost the competitive strength of industry and the well-being of society in a sustainable way.
About the HTFD department
The PULSIM researchers and consultants are part of the TNO department of Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics (HTFD), located in Delft, The Netherlands. This department has an expertise on heat – and fluid flows in buildings and process installations. With the aid of physical-mathematic computer models we aim to improve the reliability and the efficiency of indoor climate – and process installations.
Our laboratory is used to experimentally verify and validate new concepts and models. Our team also performs measurements and analyses (e.g. troubleshooting) of buildings and process installations in the field, both on – and offshore.